What are some of the top tips and important questions you need to know or ask about yachting? Simpson Marine compiled a compact sheet of five things you need to know about yachting today from each of our offices. Read on to find out more.
Martin McIntyre, Senior Yacht Broker, Singapore
- COVID-19 has changed the world, but yachting remains a safe and practical way to enjoy time with family and friends in a controlled environment of your making. More people are stepping into yachting due to their need for a safe place to spend time.
- Chartering a yacht is increasingly popular and a great way to “test the water” before buying your dream vessel.
- Modern design and technology mean bigger yachts can now be used with ease, so short-handed sailing is not as restrictive as it once was.
- Sailing and boating is not elitist and is open to everyone.
- With more usable space on today’s yachts, there is increased scope to enjoy family time and friends on board without feeling cramped.