What are some of the top tips and important questions you need to know or ask about yachting? Simpson Marine compiled a compact sheet of five things you need to know about yachting today from each of our offices. Read on to find out more.
William Woon, Senior Yacht Broker, Malaysia
- Always keep your vessel in good condition and ready for use. At Simpson Marine’s service centre we can care for your vessel with regular checks. For example, you need to check our vessel weekly to understand its condition, and do sea trials from time to time to ensure the engine is running and all equipment is functioning.
- When buying a new vessel you need to have vessel registration and insurance. Simpson Marine Malaysia offers both these services.
- Are you buying the right technology? Mercury outboards are great for first timers, and support from Mercury is available in Malaysia. Parts and full engines can easily be replaced or serviced with support from the manufacturer and supplier.
- Always check the weather and tides before you go out. Don’t take the risk if the weather is bad.
- Ensure you have adequate local knowledge where to go and what spots to avoid. At Simpson Marine Malaysia we can arrange for a captain and crew to assist you. We recommend you also take the opportunity to learn from the locals about where the good spots are to anchor or what fishing spots are good.