Sanlorenzo continues with its green investment and applies diesel/electric and hybrid propulsion systems to a complete range of models, and recently launched a new range of models with electric propulsion systems – the ‘’E Motion’’
The propulsion systems that characterise these models are able to guarantee:
- Greater safety at sea: the double electrical system is “redundant”, and therefore able to function even in case of a breakdown: the unavailable portion is left out while the second part keeps operating.
- Greater efficiency: the fuel consumption of the variable speed generators is controlled electronically according to the required load, therefore it is much lower than the traditional energy consumption.
- Greater comfort: the variable speed generators are smaller than conventional groups, and are mounted on shock and vibration absorber structures.
- Greater space on board: the variable speed groups are double, but they take up much less volume than diesel engines of the same power and they are mounted overlapped, clearing the space usually taken by a traditional engine room, for the benefit of the owner and his guests.
- Greater flexibility: the propulsion and the energy required onboard can be managed in different profiles according to the captain’s need and the owner’s desires.
- Significant emission reduction: in ZEM (Zero Emission Mode) it is possible to sail – at low speed and for short range – using only the energy of the batteries: this allows spending an entire night at anchor without using the VSG, and reaching natural parks and restricted marine areas that are impossible to access with traditional systems.
The E Motion range will consist of both displacement superyachts in metal with a diesel/electric propulsion, and high performance planing yachts in fibreglass, equipped with a hybrid system. The first two fibreglass units will be launched in 2018, two SL86 E Motion models of 27 metres in length.
By 2020, also the first 3 Sanlorenzo Superyachts with diesel/electric systems will be available: the 44Alloy E Motion, 500Exp E Emotion and 62Steel E Motion – respectively 44, 47 and 62 meters in length. The range will be complete in 2021 with the introduction of 50Alloy, 1000Exp and 58Steel.
Please contact our Sanlorenzo expert team in Asia with Nick Stratton as APAC Sales Manager at email@example.com for more details on these exciting developments.