- Make/Builder: Supercraft
- Model: Van Triumph
- Year: 1984
- LOA (m/ft): 64.62/212.00
- Beam (m/ft): 11.28/37.00
- Draft (m/ft): 3.05/10.00
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: T260-ST
- Quantity: 2
- Total Power (hp): 2,800
This 212 foot Supercraft Van Triumph was built in Hong Kong in 1984 as the private super yacht for a well known Hong Kong ship owner, and has remained in his ownership since new. She was designed and built to meet the owner’s requirement for a very strongly built yacht, capable of going anywhere and operating for long periods of time without side assistance. Van Triumph is indeed one of the very first “Expedition” type yacht long before the concept gained worldwide popularity.
The hull is overbuilt and exceeds Lloyds 100A1 rule in most areas. The design has the ability to withstand extreme sea conditions. Van Triumph has a high bow and free board, and has the capability to load 122 tones of ballast amidships to decrease the center of gravity. The double bottom is divided into 26 compartments port and starboard. Longitudinally the yacht is divided into 10 watertight compartments. The Ship is built to a 3 compartment standard and also has a double hull with 1m separation in the area of the engine room and control room. Each side of the double hull is further sub-divided into 4 compartments. This construction creates a very strong hull which has the ability to keep the vessel afloat even after sustaining major hull damage.
The accommodation and wheelhouse are Kevlar reinforced, and are quite literally bullet proof (even at close range) having been built for areas in the world where piracy was and remains a real threat.
The Van Triumph was built for extended voyages--total fuel capacity is 260 tonnes. There is also a provision for 5 tonnes of gasoline for the tenders. Very large refrigeration areas allow for long voyages without the need for re-provisioning. A stainless steel tank gives 17 tonnes of drinking water, plus there is a water generating capacity of over 20 tonnes per day.
As Van Triumph is designed to operate in remote areas, the yacht has fully equipped workshops for running repairs.
The end result of this is an eye-catching and incredibly capable vessel, which has impressive endurance for extended voyaging in remote areas.
Full copy of 2015 Vessel Survey available on request. Surveyor deemed the Van Triumph's value at around $8m (USD), but the owner is willing to sell his beloved yacht for half that price in order to find her a good new home (as he simply no longer uses her frequently).
Van Triumph - Features and Equipment
The wheelhouse is a spacious enclosure with a separate navigation area and also a lounge for meetings or relaxation. Equipment includes:
- Racal Decca Pilot 751 Autopilot
- Racal Decca ARSA 162C Radar
- Dancom WHF RT 408
- JRC NCR 300A Navtex Receiver
- Panasonic BM900 Monitor
- OKI internal intercom system
- Simrad NL log
- Furuno GP80 GPS / chart plotter
- Weather fax
- To port, just aft of the wheelhouse is the radio room. Main communication is provided by Furuno Satcom 80, Satcom B system. Other radio equipment is fitted, but is largely obsolete.
- A ships office is just aft of the wheelhouse to starboard.
Crew Quarters – Wheelhouse Deck
- 1 x Captain’s suite with dayroom and separate bedroom
- 2 x Coxswain cabins
- 1 x Day head
The boat deck is serviced by a 5 ton Liebherrs crane positioned amidships. Working lights are provided by 8 floodlights. Tenders consist of:
- 1 x 6m Rib, with 2 x 225HP Johnson outboards
- 1 x Shark Cat, with 2 x 225HP Johnson outboards
- 1 x 5.3m Rib, center console
- 1 x 3.5m Rib
- The master suite consists of a spacious lounge, with adjoining master bedroom and ensuite bathroom. Included in the master suite are 2 smaller cabins both with en-suite facilities. The arrangement is ideal for an owner who enjoys boating with close friends, and yet still desires a private area for the family.
- Strategically positioned between the master suite and main dining area is a secondary galley fitted with a 4-burner stove, oven, large 2-door refrigerator and freezer.
- The main saloon is a large area separated by a very pleasant circular bar. The bar has seating for about 10 people, and comes fully fitted with a beer tap, 2 ice makers and a drinks fridge.
- At the forward end of the saloon is a massive dining or conference table with seating for up to 16 people.
- Adjoining are 2 circular tables for 9 people each, ideal for family-style dining or gaming.
- Aft of the bar is a comfortable lounging area with stereo system and TV.
- At the forward end of the lounge is a separate room used as a mini theatre.
- Guest accommodation consists of 6 twin cabins and 2 double cabins, all with en-suite facilities. Access is via a staircase at the rear of the lounge.
- The forward area of the lower deck is devoted to crew space.
- The crew enjoy a large crew mess. Next to the engine room access is the Chief Engineer’s cabin arranged with a day cabin with separate bedroom and toilet facilities. A further 6 crew cabins, all with private toilets, are provided.
- Adjacent to the crew area is the main galley. The galley is fitted to a commercial standard with 3 stoves, large refrigerator and freezer.
Engine Room and Main Machinery Space
- 2 x Yanmar T260-ST engines rated at 1400HP at 700 RPM
- 2 x Yanmar Y-1400 gearboxes with 3.01 reduction ratio
- Note: The main engine can run on intermediate heavy fuel oil.
- 2 x 240KW 450V 3-phase
- 1 x 200KW 450V 3-phase
Simpson Marine Ltd
- 1 x Watermaker, 12 tonnes per day
- 1 x Reverse osmosis Sea Recovery 5RC 900
- 2 x Air Conditioning systems (1 system is sufficient)
- Walk-in freezers to -22°C, divided into lobby, produce, meat, and fish rooms.
- Laundry with 3 washers and 2 dryers
Simpson Marine Ltd (www.simpsonmarine.com) offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Additional Contact Information
Viewing a yacht in Hong Kong is easy with our experienced team of Brokers. We can collect you from the airport, your hotel or any other location and take you to see yachts at one of the many picturesque marine locations around the territories making life simple and stress free for you. We can help arrange finance, moorings, management and provide many other services to make yacht purchase and ownership seamless.