- Make/Builder: Fairline
- Model: Squadron 42
- Year: 2012
- LOA (m/ft): 12.80/42.00
- Beam (m/ft): 4.22/13.83
- Draft (m/ft): 1.07/3.50
- Max Speed (KNOTS): 28
- Cruising Speed (KNOTS): 19
- Fuel Tank (
l ): 996
- Water Tank (
l ): 471
- Make: Volvo Penta
- Model: D6-435 EVC
- Quantity: 2
- Total Power (hp): 870
This fine Fairline Squadron 42 has been well-maintained and kept in a presentable condition by her owners. The accommodations include a master cabin with double berth and a VIP guest cabin with twin berths. The master cabin has a private ensuite bathroom, while the ensuite to the VIP guest cabin is also the common day head.
The interior fittings are in light birch wood, with carpet floorings over wood for the saloon and cabins. The well equipped galley is down on the lower deck to port with a long window for lots of natural light. The teak cockpit has the versatile two-way bench seat that allows guests to sit facing either forward or aft towards the teak swim platform. The chains and hydraulic system for the swim platform has been recently replaced brand new, and is in perfect working condition for easy launch and recovery of the tender.
This boat features a very sizeable flybridge for a 42-footer, with a wet bar, electric grill and dining table, ideal for entertaining guests. The upholstery for the outdoor cushions on the flybridge have all also been recently replaced brand new.
Overall, this boat has been well-kept, maintained and serviced by her owners, and is a great boat to take out on adventures in the sea!
Manufacturer Provided Description
As part of a spectacular Fairline model line-up at the Fort Lauderdale International BoatExterior
Show, British luxury motor yacht manufacturer, Fairline Boats is showing the Squadron 42.
The Squadron 42 was launched at the latter part of last year and is the newest Fairline
Squadron flybridge motor yacht to appear in the US.
The smallest in the Squadron range, the two cabin, two en-suite Squadron 42 is finished to
the highest standard and incorporates many of the design and technology advances
pioneered on the larger Squadron models. A key feature that sets the Squadron 42 apart
from its competitors includes the extra-large flybridge, perfect for relaxing and entertaining
The accommodation on the Squadron 42 includes a light, airy saloon with full length
windows and sumptuous furnishings, which leads to the large, light-filled galley. Expansive
use of glazing throughout the boat creates bright and well-lit accommodation, from the galley
to the master cabin. The starboard guest cabin almost doubles in useable size when its twin
doors to en-suite are open. ‘Floating’ furniture increases the appearance of floor size
throughout the cabins. The same sense of space and ‘big boat’ luxury is further enhanced by
the openness of the extra-large flybridge and the cockpit with two-way bench that allows aftfacing
- The Squadron 42’s aft cockpit is teak-laid throughout and features a versatile seat with an adjustable backrest, enabling guests to sit facing forward or aft.
- There is ample storage space beneath for shoreline cables, gas bottle and 4 fenders.
- Foredeck and warp lockers are also provided.
- Blue LED lighting is available as an option on this model.
- Separate access hatches lead to the engine room and lazerette.
- With its ‘open’ layout, twin transom gates provide easy access on either side of the cockpit seating and lead to the teaklaid bathing platform.
- The optional Fairline Tender Launch System allows for an increased waterline length so that the weight distribution can be optimized.
- The innovative, patentpending, concealed mechanized Tender Launch option is available for Williams 285 Jet RIB.
- The stern platform includes a swim ladder and hot and cold shower.
- An optional passerelle is also available if required.
- From the cockpit, a sliding patio door leads to the saloon.
- The visibility from the helm position is optimized by having the helm seat inboard to give a more central position.
- There is companion seating outboard of the helm seat.
- At the top of the teak-laid steps with handrail is the flybridge, which offers a significantly more usable area than the outgoing Phantom 40.
- The large seating area with adjustable-height table is located aft of the helm position.
- The table converts to a sun-bed in the aft position.
- An optional flybridge bar accommodates a sink, griddle, icemaker and refrigerator.
- The Squadron style ‘wrap-around’ foredeck adds to the ‘big boat’ feel and includes a recessed self-draining area for coachroof sun cushions.
- The user-friendly yet classic design and luxurious detailing inside is synonymous with
- Squadron motor yachts.
- Co-ordinated carpets, upholstery and curtain fabrics can be chosen
according to individual tastes.
- The joinery is finished in satin oak and espresso gloss as standard.
- The light and spacious saloon features full-length upper windows and sumptuous furniture.
- A sofa and adjustable-height dining table are located starboard behind the main helm position.
- The sofa also has an optional two fold bed built inside.
- Opposite, a freestanding sideboard with cocktail cabinet can accommodate a 32” television.
- The spatial layout of the two cabin accommodation has been maximized, with considered cabin and en-suite design to provide the luxury and space Fairline Squadron owners have become accustomed to.
- The large master stateroom with full-height headroom is positioned forward.
- Two steps lead up to a central ‘semi-floating’ double bed, which adds to the feeling of spaciousness.
- Comprehensive storage space includes a bedside table, drawers underbed, overhead lockers and wardrobe.
- An entertainment unit is fitted flush into the bulkhead.
- Feature skylights and opening hull windows allow light to fill the elegantly styled cabin.
- The master en-suite includes a full-height shower cubicle with seat and vanity style sink, locker
Starboard Guest cabin
- The introduction of a unique, open-plan guest cabin and en-suite arrangement creates a spacious guest accommodation.
- The double doors open up the starboard en-suite to the
cabin, concealing the toilet and creating extra cabin space.
- Guests also benefit from a fullheight
shower cubicle with seat, basin, vanity unit locker and mirror.
- The flexibility of the layout also enables the single, full-length beds to be converted to a double.
- The bedside stowage and wardrobe provide plentiful storage space.
- A long panoramic window with opening port is located in hull.
- A handrail with glass partition connects the saloon with the galley.
- In recognition of the needs of on-board entertaining, the galley is one of the largest yet seen on a flybridge boat of this size as it utilizes space under the saloon floor, and will accommodate an under counter refrigerator and optional freezer.
- The galley is thoughtfully equipped to cater to the needs of guests, with a 2-burner gas hob, oven and grill, as well as a host of storage options
and extra larder space built into the bulkhead.
- Lights are located above the Foundations® work surfaces.
- Continuing the Fairline design trend towards light-filled spaces, a large
panoramic window includes a porthole within for natural light over the sink and food preparation area.
- The main helm station has been designed with comfort, safety and ease of operation in mind.
- The bolstered helm seat is within easy reach of the adjustable/tilt steering wheel and the boat’s controls.
- The full engine instrumentation includes tachometers, temperature
gauges, battery condition indicators, audible alarms and engine hour meters.
- A Garmin GMI 10 digital multi-function instrument system with color display and Garmin VHF 300i marine radio is included at the helm.
- There is also night lighting and a hinged opening side window.
- 2 x Volvo Penta D6-370 EVC Shaft Diesel 370mhp each: 28 knots
- 2 x Caterpillar C7-460 ACERT Shaft Diesel 460mhp each: 31 knots
- 2 x Volvo Penta D6-435 EVC Shaft Diesel 435mhp each: 30 knots
Simpson Marine Ltd (www.simpsonmarine.com) offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.