Having a trusted, reputable boating partner who will always be there when you need them is invaluable. Simpson Marine has been delivering excellent service across all aspects of yacht ownership in Asia for more than 35 years. We are here to stay and remain committed to taking care of our clients with passion and dedication.
Our Senior Broker, Martin McIntyre from the Singapore office, has provided their top five tips for what to consider when buying a yacht. Our team is always available by phone or email to help with your next yacht purchase.
- Consider when and how you’ll use your boat. Are you a motor boater or a sailor? Will you do day trips or use it as a home away from home? Whether your plans include coastal cruising, blue water cruising, racing, fishing, island hopping, scuba diving or part-charter, there is a boat to suit you.
- Decide where you will keep your new family member. Which marina suits you best? Consider ease of access and on-site facilities, and the sailing/motoring time from the marina to your preferred cruising grounds.
- Do you want a new boat or one that’s pre-loved? Your dealer will explain the key advantages and pitfalls of either choice.
- Size does matter. Make sure your choice fits your family and boating needs.
- Use an established and reputable boat brokerage house. Experience counts. New boat sales, brokerage sales and an after-sales team with full back-up should be as close to you as possible. Your broker wants to look after you as a long-term client and Simpson Marine will ensure you enjoy the purchase process.